What's the best Gmail newsletter plugin
WordPress newsletter plug-ins in comparison
Even in times of Facebook, Twitter and Co., newsletters are still an effective means of providing customers and followers with the latest information. Serves as an important part of a comprehensive online marketing campaign Newsletter or email marketing above all, to retain the existing customer base in the long term. In order for site visitors to receive the electronic circular, however, they must first register for the newsletter service with a valid e-mail address. For this reason, there are useful plug-ins for WordPress with which you can add a registration form for your newsletter to your web project. With some WordPress newsletter plug-ins you also have the option of creating and managing your newsletter if you do not want to use separate software or an external service for this.
How to find the right WordPress newsletter plug-in
WordPress is a very popular content management system, especially due to the huge number of different plugins - you will also find this when looking for the right module for your newsletter. The official WordPress website offers over 500 different newsletter extensions in the plug-in area. To make your decision easier, we have summarized some selection criteria for you at this point:
- language: Very few WordPress newsletter plug-ins are available in German, which is why you should take a closer look if you want a German-language extension.
- scope: Some plug-ins only integrate the registration form into your WordPress project and have to be combined with newsletter software. Other extensions work completely without any additional application; in this case you create, integrate and manage your newsletter directly with the plug-in.
- presentation: If your newsletter should only be an optional offer to inform your users, it is rather inappropriate to put a conspicuous newsletter pop-up in front of the actual page. You should therefore find out in advance how the registration form can be integrated.
- compatibility: Regardless of which type of plug-in you choose, you should always ensure that it is compatible with the WordPress version you are using and, if applicable, with the newsletter program.
- Costs: You will come across plug-ins in various price categories with different cost models. Many extensions are e.g. B. designed so that you have to pay to use all features, while the basic functions are free.
Now we are going to introduce you to some interesting WordPress newsletter plug-ins. Our list includes both stand-alone plug-ins and those that connect WordPress to an external newsletter service.
Chimpy connects WordPress with the email marketing system MailChimp. This is particularly suitable for beginners, as up to 12,000 newsletter emails per month are received 2,000 subscribers for free can be shipped. In order to integrate the newsletter service into WordPress with the help of Chimpy, you first need the MailChimp API key, which you receive when you register. After the entry, the plug-in informs you about the success of the integration. Chimpy allows you to create any number of registration forms with different settings and positions within your WordPress project. A useful feature is the option to allow visitors to hide the forms, which is particularly useful for pop-up forms. Thanks to the extension, you can also use all contact details Your existing WordPress users simply with MailChimp synchronize. The use of Chimpy requires at least WordPress 3.5.
With MailPoet Newsletters you get a complete solution for your own WordPress newsletter. The various offer variants, which differ in terms of price, scope and support offer, are aimed at private individuals, professional bloggers, the self-employed or companies. The basic function is free and leaves the unlimited sending of email notifications to up to 2,000 readers. You can use the newsletter editor with ease using drag-and-drop, where you can access a selection from over 50 templates or design your newsletter yourself. You can import and export existing e-mail lists of your users as a CSV file. You will also receive detailed information about which subscribers have opened your newsletter and clicked on the links it contains. In order to be able to integrate the WordPress newsletter plug-in, you need at least version 3.3 of the content management system.
Like Chimpy, CleverReach Newsletter is a plug-in that acts as an interface between WordPress and an external service. This is the CleverReach email marketing software, of which there is also one German voice output gives. To connect the software to WordPress, you need the API key and the list ID that you received after registering the CleverReach account when you created a new recipient group. If the integration was successful, you will receive a confirmation and can then easily configure your newsletter forms in the administration area. With the free version of the marketing application you can 1,000 emails to up to 250 recipients send. If you have a larger readership (up to 100,000 recipients are possible with CleverReach), there are monthly costs. You can use the plug-in itself in WordPress from version 3.9 and display it as a widget.
The newsletter plugin
The Newsletter Plugin provides you with all the functions you need to design and manage your own newsletter from WordPress. All you have to do is download the tool, unzip it into the WordPress plugin folder and then activate it in WordPress (version 3.4 or higher). The free basic version contains, among other things, a visual design editor for your newsletter and has a unlimited readership including unlimited email delivery too. Paid versions for bloggers and companies add the WordPress newsletter plug-in e.g. B. prioritized support and access to all developed extensions such as detailed statistics on the reaction of the newsletter recipients or a popup form.
The WordPress newsletter plug-in MyMail also works without an additional newsletter tool. In the familiar WordPress environment, you can create your campaigns using ready-made templates - which you can modify as you wish - just as easily as you write a blog entry. Campaigns created are optimized for mobile devices and can be sent automatically to the recipient. For example, you can determine the exact time or link the dispatch to the appearance of a new blog entry. MyMail takes over your existing WordPress user entries; alternatively, you can also import your recipient list as a CSV file. To use MyMail you need at least WordPress 3.5 and have one per website paid license acquire.
The various plugins in a tabular comparison
|Chimpy & MailChimp||MailPoet newsletters||CleverReach Newsletter & CleverReach|
|German voice output||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Email dispatch by provider (per month)||12.000||unlimited||No||No||1.000||unlimited|
|Sync WordPress contacts||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Open rate statistics||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Click rate statistics||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Newsletter on schedule||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|mobile view optimized||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|The newsletter plugin||MyMail|
|German voice output||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Email dispatch by provider (per month)||unlimited||unlimited||No||No|
|Sync WordPress contacts||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Open rate statistics||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Click rate statistics||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Newsletter on schedule||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|mobile view optimized||No||No||Yes||Yes|
WordPress Security: The Most Important Security Plugins
WordPress is one of the most widely used content management systems for blogs, forums and other web publishing platforms. With millions of users, WordPress systems are also interesting for cyber criminals who are looking for vulnerabilities and points of attack on the respective websites. Adequate security precautions are the only way to prevent hackers from finding a back door. A...
Matomo / Piwik in the WordPress dashboard: web analysis directly in the CMS
As an operator of a website, you are interested in tailoring your website as best as possible to the needs of the user. It is helpful to find out more about visitor behavior. Web analytics programs make this possible. However, many only know Google Analytics and do not know about the advantages of other web tracking programs. Piwik in particular is a notable ...
The best WordPress plugins for creating backups
If you have invested a lot of effort and time in your WordPress project, you should definitely take care of an adequate backup solution. Otherwise you run the risk of losing important data, for example through a database or system crash, which in the worst case scenario cannot be restored. What options and WordPress plug-ins are there for backups?
Building an email list - this is how the Herculean task succeeds
Building a comprehensive email list is key to a successful email marketing campaign. There have long been various providers on the Internet who sell complete sets with countless email addresses. This guide will tell you why it is still not advisable to purchase such ready-made lists and which methods you should use instead.
Use Mailchimp in WordPress: This is how it works!
MailChimp and WordPress can be efficiently combined. With the help of a plug-in, you can bring a registration form for newsletter campaigns directly to your WordPress website - without any programming work. We explain step by step how to connect MailChimp and WordPress and how to create a registration form.
- What are modern examples of propaganda
- What is a pharmacist salary in India
- Will Canada ever be a superpower?
- What are your daily fashion goals
- Diplomats have days off
- How often do you masturbate girl
- Are teachers paid on strike
- Does self-loathing ever go away?
- What is the difference between sweatpants and joggers
- Where's the best tapas in Brooklyn
- Are diamonds made of coal
- Where should I complain against Airtel?
- Shyness is a form of pride
- Can I get a disability for Asperger's?
- What is the similar word for how
- How do I write an effective fan fiction
- Canada is poorer than America
- Why are baby chicks yellow
- May girls men in evening wear
- The popularity of football is increasing in the USA
- What did you have for dinner 2
- How are the people in Canada
- Why is the thought of suicide consoling?
- What does sensuality mean to you
- How hard is it to learn CAD software
- Which company tractor is best for plowing
- What are some accounting automation software
- What does the franchise cost for jockey
- How often do skilled workers change jobs?
- What is EMI How is it calculated
- Who were the leaders of D Day
- At what age does pregnancy occur
- What is the symbolism behind promise rings