Which university degree did you do?
Recognition of university degrees
Here you will find answers to the following questions:
- When do I need recognition for my university degree?
- What is a certificate assessment?
- How can I study in Germany?
Have your university degree recognized in Germany
In Germany there are so-called regulated professions and non-regulated professions. If you have a foreign university degree for a regulated profession, you must always apply for recognition.
Regulated professions are e.g. B. Doctor, engineer or teacher. You can find out which professions are regulated in the Recognition Finder. A list of all regulated professions in Germany can be found in the online offer of the European Union.
If you have a foreign university degree for a non-regulated profession, you can work in the profession without recognition. However, you can have your university degree assessed. This procedure is called certificate evaluation. The certificate evaluation may be necessary if you want to travel to Germany from a third country to work.
You can apply for a certificate assessment at the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB). The certificate evaluation describes your university degree. It also certifies the professional and academic uses. This has advantages when applying for a job. Because the certificate evaluation is an official document that documents the quality of your university degree. Further information on the evaluation of certificates can be found on the ZAB website.
A foreign academic degree may be used in Germany in its original designation. The conversion into a German academic degree is only possible for ethnic German repatriates. Further information on the use of foreign academic degrees can be found on the website of the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB).
University studies in Germany
In Germany you can apply for a course that has been started abroad Continue university studies. The university or the state examination office decides on the recognition of your previous study achievements and examinations. It is best to find out more directly from the university you have chosen. The International Office is responsible there.
You want a in Germany Start university studies? Then your school leaving certificate from your country of origin must entitle you to university entrance in Germany. And you must have recognition for this school leaving certificate. The recognized school leaving certificate is then your so-called university entrance qualification. This allows you to study in Germany. A preparatory college prepares foreign students without such a recognized school leaving certificate for studying in Germany. In order to start a bachelor’s degree program, 2 to 3 preceding study semesters are often required in the home country.
In Germany, a professional qualification can also entitle you to university entrance, e.g. B. for a university degree in the area of your vocational training. Perhaps you can also take a college entrance exam. With your professional qualification you can also apply for a preparatory college.
Find out about your options in the anabin database of the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB). Information on selected countries can be found in the online offer of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
How do I find a university? How do I apply for a degree? Do i need a visa? Answers to these questions and further information can be found on the “Study in Germany” website.
The DAAD awards grants to international students, graduates and researchers from abroad.
Educational advice guarantee fund university
Are you under 30? Then you can contact the educational advisory service guarantee fund university (GF-H). They will advise and support you if you want to start or continue your studies in Germany. Refugees and repatriates can also apply for financial support from the GF-H educational counseling service. Financial support is available e.g. B. for language courses, special courses and courses at preparatory colleges. Further information can be found on the website of the educational counseling GF-H.
- Where should I go without money
- What are the major real estate markets
- What are examples of four string instruments
- What is the history of handmade soap
- How long is a visa valid?
- Have you ever seen a Muslim atheist
- Why do most people care about looks
- Isn't everything in life a competition
- Which Yonex beater is good to smash
- What are some examples of digital computers
- How many men grow female breasts
- West Elm furniture is of good quality
- Donald Trump's impeachment will begin this year
- Are there Nigerians who live in Alaska
- Why is Indian media so against Bihar
- Which company is the best for vitamins
- Why do Spartans have their own shield
- How can emotional intelligence help an entrepreneur
- What do Indian tourists like in Pakistan
- Acid reflux and ulcers are related
- What is your favorite materialistic possession
- Are you emotional when wearing a saree?
- What is troops in contact
- There are rings in half sizes