Why did I never have a dream
Why not everyone can remember their dreams
Dreams are produced in sleep. In order to save them, however, the brain has to be awake. So if you wake up less often at night, you have less time to archive your dreams. And then of course I can't remember it the next morning. Because what is not saved cannot be called up. The tendency for such nocturnal waking and storage phases seems to depend on the activity of a special brain region that processes external stimuli. This is what neuroscientist Perrine Ruby and her colleagues from the Lyon Neuroscience Research Center in France found out.
They had divided 41 volunteers into two groups: On the one hand, those who remembered their dreams well and who still had them present on average about five mornings a week. On the other hand, there are the "bad memories" who could only remember their dreams an average of twice a month. With the help of positron emission tomography, the researchers then measured the volunteers' brain activities during the nocturnal sleep and wake phases. It was shown that the "good memories" showed greater activity in the medial prefrontal cortex and, above all, in a junction between the temporal and parietal lobes. In an earlier study, the South African neuropsychologist Mark Solms had already proven that injuries to these two brain areas mean that you can no longer remember your dreams.
You might also be interested in
- Is love the meaning of life
- Why is Hinduism targeted by liberals
- What are the disadvantages of non-verbal communication
- Is Italy a capitalist country
- How do I print a hoodie
- Which online companies are hiring
- What is Japan's stance on cannabis
- Do you know that Jesus drank wine?
- How accurate is Google Translate for Hebrew
- How good is the University of Victoria
- What monuments were built by Shah Jahan
- Technology will exist in the future by air travel
- Are the Philippines a free country?
- Are Sikhs converted from Hinduism and Islam
- Why do we use water cooling
- Why do people interpret dreams
- Why is it bad to live in the past
- What did JK Rowling do before writing
- Do men really prefer women with breasts?
- What types of hair do black people have
- What percentage of US households own dogs?
- What's your rating of Mongol invasion
- Barack Obama is charismatic
- Who would you most like to meet