What is a normal annual salary increase
Salary increase: are there special regulations in labor law?
they have themselves No expensive vacation in years done, want a new car buy or simply think Not being adequately paid for your work? You would not be the first employee to work in such a situation Raise dreams.
Before you start with the Desire for a salary adjustment When approaching your employer, however, you should first get a appropriate strategy think. After all, your boss is unlikely to pay you any more just because you let him kindly asked for it to have.
In a nutshell: salary increase
In labor law there are no fixed times for salary negotiations. This can be regulated differently in every company. There is therefore no entitlement to at least one salary increase per year. However, there are times when discussions about a raise is at least common. You can find out when this is the case here.
The percentage of a salary increase depends primarily on whether the area of responsibility has changed since the last negotiation. If not, about three to seven percent are possible after a year. With a promotion or promotion to a management position, it can be between 10 and 15 percent more salary.
If your employer does not agree to a pay increase, you can, for example, negotiate a subsidy for travel expenses or more vacation.
In the guide you will find information on when salary adjustments are even common and how much You can ask without looking greedy. You can also find one here Choice of arguments in favor of a raise and can be helpful in a corresponding negotiation.
When does a raise usually take place?
Exist in labor law certain times, to which one Salary negotiation usually takes place. However, these are not set in stone and can vary from company to company. So workers should don't assumeto claim at least one raise a year to have.
Common momentsin which it becomes a Conversation about aRaise can come are for example the following:
- After you have successfully completed the trial period: A salary increase after the probationary period is not uncommon. After all, you have shown that you meet the requirements of your position and that you are now an integral part of the company.
- When a fixed-term employment contract expires and a new one is to be concluded: Your new fixed-term contract may include more demanding jobs or your area of responsibility may be expanded. In such a case, it is a good idea to ask for a higher salary.
- At the annual employee appraisal: On the one hand, employee appraisals give employers the opportunity to give their employees feedback on the work they have done. On the other hand, employees can use such conversations to express their own wishes. A salary increase can certainly be addressed here.
- When a temporary contract becomes a permanent one: If you are no longer to be employed on a fixed-term basis, but rather on a permanent basis, this often shows that the employer is satisfied with your performance. Such a situation is a good place to discuss a salary adjustment.
- During a promotion: A raise is normally expected for a promotion. Ultimately, you climb one step up the corporate ladder, which should be rewarded accordingly.
- When you are assigned a new role or when an internal transfer is pending: If you are going to work in a different department in the future or have been given new tasks, this is a good option to talk about a better salary.
Important: You shouldn't every few months or after each successful project completion ask for an interview about a raise. Employment law experts recommend a maximum of every 18 to 24 months asking for a salary negotiation. Finds one of the events just mentioned anyway during this period instead, your cards are all the better.
Salary Raise: How Much Can You Ask For?
Basically, with any raise you want, it matters whether you new or more or more demanding tasks since the last adjustment have taken over or not. As the area of activity seldom expanded or changed every year, is at ease in most salary negotiations The latter the case.
In such a situation a Increase between three and seven percent be inside; assuming the Salary increase takes place after a year or 18 months at the earliest instead of. It will come earlier in addition, the increase falls often less out or it comes not at all first to such. In the negotiation itself, you should at ten percent fix you as your employer will with a high probability of negotiating down will want.
On the other hand, you would promotes or take on more responsible tasks in the company average raise usually between 10 and 15 percent. Here, too, it makes sense to play higher poker: Start at 20 percent, the chances are greater that you will ultimately end up yours Desired salary get awarded.
Tips when arguing for a raise
With statements like "I haven't had a raise in years!" or "Ms. Keil from the editorial team earns a lot more than I do!" you will come across most employers deaf ears. Rather, you should rely on explaining to your boss the reasons why you should get a higher salary.
Below we have you one Choice of arguments put together that at a Desire for a raise can be helpful:
- In what way the company benefits from your work?
- About which additional qualifications have you had your last salary negotiation?
- Why are you like that? precious for the company?
- You might even take over Tasks that your employment contract does not even include?
- How did you have your Services since the last raise improved?
- Always reach yours aims or do you even exceed them?
- Have you helped Save company costs?
No raise? What alternatives are there
Should you Employers refuse, for example one To agree to a salary increase after 1 year, it is not recommended to flee in anger or despair. Keep one calm and try one instead alternative to negotiate. Such a can, among other things, from a Increase in vacation entitlement or an allowance for travel expenses consist.
You also have the option of such a conversation to ask specificallywhat you can do to if necessary, to receive a salary increase after 2 years. So your boss will notice that you are develop professionally want what the company can ultimately only benefit from. Good luck!(106 Ratings, average: 3,92 of 5)
More interesting guides
- What is stronger concrete or cement
- What websites are Airbnb doing for photographers
- Has Batman ever taken a day off
- How are women in New Zealand
- Christianity forms hatred
- What is a software package
- Why did Pep Guardiola leave FC Barcelona
- Charlize Theron is African American
- Why are cats considered to be lactose intolerant
- Permanently heals ECT depression
- Who is a MP
- How do I find cashew nut buyers
- Which anime is most watched
- Are abrasive cleaning powders dangerous
- Why don't Kazakhs like Uzbeks
- Which MBA is best according to B Com
- What is a storm-proof house
- What will happen to Russia after Putin?
- Who Appoints Crown Court Judges UK
- Who was the last emperor in China
- What's the best iOS database app
- You can replace cream with Cool Whip
- What are the cons of religion
- Lastly, make wooden wedding rings
- Which is better hashish or weed
- How did Helen of Troy die
- What does an IQ of 107 mean?
- What language do they speak in Liberia
- Which race receives the most racism
- Have you ever been gas-lit
- Is design an invention or a discovery
- How did Chinese culture develop
- What are the divisive ideologies of RSS