How can we identify real diamonds
How do you know if a diamond is real?
It can be difficult for laypeople to tell a real diamond from an imitation. For this reason, we have put together a few tips that you can try at home to distinguish a real diamond from a fake one. So that you too can check this beautiful gemstone for its authenticity.
Check the diamond for authenticity with a newspaper.Just place the gem on a newspaper. The pointed side of the diamond must be facing up. Can you see the words clearly through the stone? If so, then it is probably not a real diamond. Real diamonds refract light and therefore cannot function as a magnifying glass. So if you can see the text well, your diamond is an imitation.
Check the diamond for authenticity with a black dot.A similar method to the one mentioned above is to draw a black point (with a pen) on a piece of white paper. Place the stone on the black point (with the tip up). If you can easily see the circular reflection of the point, then it is not a real diamond.
Recognize a diamond by its setting.Real diamonds are usually set on precious metals. Look for the hallmark or markings on the metal that indicate gold or platinum (10K, 14K, 18K, 585, 750,900,950, PT, Plat). The “C.Z.” or Cubic Zirconia marking means that your diamond ring is synthetic.
Check a diamond for authenticity with the glass test.We know that diamond is the hardest natural material. Try scratching a glass with the pointed side of the diamond. If it works, the diamond is real.
Check the diamond for authenticity with the fog test.Breathe on the diamond with warm breath. If the supposed gemstone remains steamed up for a few seconds, it is probably an imitation. A real diamond is an excellent conductor of heat that instantly dissipates the heat generated by your breath.
Do you still have doubts? For clarity, you can also contact a jeweler or gemologist who can professionally rate the gemstones in your jewelry!
At Edenly you will only find real and certified natural diamonds that adhere to the Kimberley process and do not come from war zones. Find out more about the quality of Edenly diamonds>
- Home >
- The editor's blog >
- Why trains are not popular in the USA
- What happens when Bitcoin recovers
- Love Muslims ISIS
- How do I get drugs online
- Why is Taylor Swift considered pretty
- Is that asbestos
- Air battles are still a thing in war
- Which girl is prettier
- How was Pep Guardiola as a player
- Are the Roma seen as white?
- Where is the Ethereum core software running?
- What's wrong with our training 1
- Should I just die
- Is my round buttocks genetic
- Why should rich countries help poor countries
- What salary do I get after MCA
- Which mechanical keyboard should I buy
- Will Turkey attack Israel
- What do you think of AIMIM
- Starbucks has a high level of employee satisfaction
- What does the Quran say about forgiveness
- Which companies are currently hiring business analysts?
- Why are people obsessed with their children
- Who is like Anurag Kashyap in Hollywood