Can plaque be removed from the arteries
Exercise and atherosclerosis
Exercise is generally seen as an important part of a healthy and preventive lifestyle. In a review article that was published in April 2020 in the specialist magazine Circulation was published (15), it was found that older athletes had even more deposits in the arteries than non-athletes. Even in the group of athletes there were clear differences. Those who exercised more intensely also had more arteriosclerotic deposits than athletes who were only moderately active. So is it better to guard the sofa than lace up your running shoes? No!
Because the above finding is more of a surprise, as it is known that athletes are less likely to suffer from acute cardiovascular events than non-athletes (heart attack, stroke). The explanation for this is apparently that deposits in the arteries of the athletes have a higher calcium content and are therefore more stable, i.e. not detach themselves from the blood vessel walls so easily and thus can trigger a heart attack or stroke less often. Deposits in the arteries do not always have to be a sign of imminent danger to life.
Nevertheless, it is best to combine both: The above-mentioned foods and dietary supplements with regular physical activity! Even if you already suffer from arteriosclerosis and have not yet done any sport, you should start with it (of course in consultation with your doctor), since existing deposits can also be stabilized through sport.
Clear arteries naturally
The risk of cardiovascular diseases can therefore clearly be influenced by each individual person. If you want to incorporate the above tips into your everyday life, then you could summarize e.g. B. proceed as follows:
- Maintain a good supply of B vitamins, such as: B. by taking a vitamin B complex.
- Do the lemon-garlic cure regularly and use garlic in the kitchen.
- Take black garlic and curcumin as a dietary supplement.
- Drink pomegranate juice regularly, at least 50 ml daily.
- Use sesame and tahini in the kitchen.
- Season with turmeric and the spices mentioned above.
- Whenever available, enjoy fresh sauerkraut (preferably raw) or kimchi.
- If necessary and in consultation with your doctor, take nattokinase.
- Get active in sports! Ride a bike, go for a run, log into the gym or buy a suitable piece of equipment (e.g. spinning bike, treadmill, trampoline, cross trainer, etc.).
For more tips that will help clear your arteries, check out our article on How to Lower Your Cholesterol Naturally.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- (1) Uwe Till, Reiner Riezler et al., Decrease of carotid intima-media thickness in patients at risk to cerebral ischemia after supplementation with folic acid, Vitamins B6 and B12. Atherosclerosis. 2005 Jul; 181 (1): 131-5. Epub 2005 Feb 16. PMID: 15939064
- (2) Allen J Taylor, Hyun J Lee, Lance E Sullenberger. The effect of 24 months of combination statin and extended-release niacin on carotid intima-media thickness: ARBITER 3. Curr Med Res Opin. 2006 Nov; 22 (11): 2243-50 PMID: 17076985
- (3) M Thoenes, A Oguchi, S Nagamia, C S Vaccari, R Hammoud, G E Umpierrez, B V Khan. The effects of extended-release niacin on carotid intimal media thickness, endothelial function and inflammatory markers in patients with the metabolic syndrome. Int J Clin Pract. 2007 Nov; 61 (11): 1942-8. PMID: 17935553
- (4) George Ntaios, Christos Savopoulos, Dimitrios Karamitsos, Ippoliti Economou, Evangelos Destanis, Ioannis Chryssogonidis, Ifigenia Pidonia, Pantelis Zebekakis, Christos Polatides, Michael Sion, Dimitrios Grekas, Apostolos Hatzitolios. The effect of folic acid supplementation on carotid intima-media thickness in patients with cardiovascular risk: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Int J Cardiol. 2009 Feb 6. PMID: 19201496
- (5) T P Smith, C P Cruz, A T Brown, J F Eidt, M M Moursi. Folate supplementation inhibits intimal hyperplasia induced by a high-homocysteine diet in a rat carotid endarterectomy model. J Vasc Surg. 2001 Sep; 34 (3): 474-81. PMID: 11533600
- (6) G Siegel, A Walter, S Engel, A Walper, F Michel. [Pleiotropic effects of garlic]. Vienna Med Wochenschr. 1999; 149 (8-10): 217-24. PMID: 10483684
- (7) Michael Aviram, Tony Hayek et al., Pomegranate juice consumption for 3 years by patients with carotid artery stenosis reduces common carotid intima-media thickness, blood pressure and LDL oxidation. Clin Nutr. 2004 Jun; 23 (3): 423-33. PMID: 15158307
- (8) Michael H Davidson, Michael Aviram et al., Effects of consumption of pomegranate juice on carotid intima-media thickness in men and women at moderate risk for coronary heart disease. At J Cardiol. 2009 Oct 1; 104 (7): 936-42. PMID: 19766760
- (9) Hyun Ju Kim, Jin Su Lee, Hae Young Chung, Su Hee Song, Hongsuk Suh, Jung Sook Noh, Yeong Ok Song. 3- (4'-hydroxyl-3 ', 5'-dimethoxyphenyl) propionic acid, an active principle of kimchi, inhibits development of atherosclerosis in rabbits. J Agric Food Chem. 2007 Dec 12; 55 (25): 10486-92. Epub 2007 Nov 16. PMID: 18004805
- (10) M G Davies, H Dalen, J H Kim, L Barber, E Svendsen, P O Hagen. Control of accelerated vein graft atheroma with the nitric oxide precursor: L-arginine. J Surg Res. 1995 Jul; 59 (1): 35-42. PMID: 7630134
- (11) Mehdi Nematbakhsh, Shaghayegh Haghjooyjavanmard, Farzaneh Mahmoodi, Ali Reza Monajemi. The prevention of endothelial dysfunction through endothelial cell apoptosis inhibition in a hypercholesterolemic rabbit model: the effect of L-arginine supplementation. Lipids Health Dis. 2008; 7:27. Epub 2008 Aug 2. PMID: 18673573
- (12) Xiaoping Yang, D Paul Thomas, Xiaochun Zhang, Bruce W Culver, Brenda M Alexander, William J Murdoch, Mysore N A Rao, David A Tulis, Jun Ren, Nair Sreejayan. Curcumin inhibits platelet-derived growth factor-stimulated vascular smooth muscle cell function and injury-induced neointima formation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006 Jan; 26 (1): 85-90. Epub 2005 Oct 20. PMID: 16239599
- (13) Shylesh Bhaskaran, Sampath Parthasarathy et al., Inhibition of atherosclerosis in low-density lipoprotein receptor-negative mice by sesame oil. J Med Food. 2006 Winter; 9 (4) PMID: 17201634
- (14) Causes of death, Federal Statistical Office
- (15) Vincent L. Aengevaeren, Thijs M.H. Eijsvogels et al., Exercise and Coronary Atherosclerosis, Observations, Explanations, Relevance, and Clinical Management, Originally published 20 Apr 2020, Circulation. 2020; 141: 1338-1350
- (16) Neale T, Atherosclerosis Features Differ Among Male Athletes From Different Sports, tctMD, FEBRUARY 18, 2019
- (17) Oliver JM, Jäger R et al., Novel Form of Curcumin Improves Endothelial Function in Young, Healthy Individuals: A Double-Blind Placebo Controlled Study, Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, Volume 2016 | Article ID 1089653 |
- (18) H, Tsuge N, Sawada H, et al. A single consumption of curry improved postprandial endothelial function in healthy male subjects: a randomized, controlled crossover trial. Nutr J. 2014; 13:67. Published 2014 Jun 28. doi: 10.1186 / 1475-2891-13-67
- (19) CurcuWIN® 500 from AllergyResearchGroup
- (20) Eftekhar Sadat B, Khadem Haghighian M, Alipoor B, Malek Mahdavi A, Asghari Jafarabadi M, Moghaddam A. Effects of sesame seed supplementation on clinical signs and symptoms in patients with knee osteoarthritis. Int J Rheum Dis. 2013 Oct; 16 (5): 578-82. doi: 10.1111 / 1756-185X.12133. Epub 2013 Jun 20. PMID: 24164846.
- (21) Mirmiran P, Bahadoran Z, Golzarand M, Rajab A, Azizi F. Ardeh (Sesamum indicum) could improve serum triglycerides and atherogenic lipid parameters in type 2 diabetic patients: a randomized clinical trial. Arch Iran Med. 2013 Nov; 16 (11): 651-6. PMID: 24206407.
- (22) Blum A, Miller H, Blum A, Miller H. The effects of L-arginine on atherosclerosis and heart disease. Int J Cardiovasc Intervent. 1999; 2 (2): 97-100. doi: 10.1080 / acc.184.108.40.206. PMID: 12623595.
- (23) Dhawan V, Handu SS, Nain CK, Ganguly NK. Chronic L-arginine supplementation improves endothelial cell vasoactive functions in hypercholesterolemic and atherosclerotic monkeys. Mol Cell Biochem. 2005 Jan; 269 (1-2): 1-11. doi: 10.1007 / s11010-005-1810-4. PMID: 15786711.
- (24) Ashor AW, Lara J, Mathers JC, Siervo M. Effect of vitamin C on endothelial function in health and disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Atherosclerosis. 2014 Jul; 235 (1): 9-20. doi: 10.1016 / j.atherosclerosis.2014.04.004. Epub 2014 Apr 18. PMID: 24792921.
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Which subjects are taught in fashion design
- How do you buy chemicals
- Who came with military ranks
- What do you think of Poland?
- What don't people tell you about travel?
- How do I choose between two passions
- Were President Trump's parents American or immigrant?
- Can someone become more extroverted or more introverted?
- What is the history of western civilization
- What is life competition or compromise
- What does a Canadian governor do
- How does YouTube benefit from YouTube channels
- Who killed Malcolm X.
- How is disability defined
- What is your most embarrassing bra fail
- What if America never existed?
- Should I become an Australian citizen?
- What does EST time mean
- Can you get male cows
- What's the best food in Surat
- Why is Perth running out of water
- Will robotics reduce human employment?
- How are streamers paid biweekly or monthly
- People find well behaved people boring