What are the scientific reasons in India
Corona: Why India can supply few vaccines
In addition to the SII, Bharat Biotech, a Hyderabad-based company, also received emergency approval for its own vaccine, Covaxin. With the compound it developed in partnership with the Indian Council of Medical Research, the company can manufacture 12.5 million doses per month. So far, Covaxin has only made up a small proportion of the vaccine doses previously administered in the country.
Some of the current problems could be solved by the approval of further, internationally developed vaccines that can be produced in India, says Shahid Jameel, virologist at Ashoka University in Sonipat. For example, the vaccine from the US company Johnson & Johnson, which only needs to be administered once. On April 13, India also approved the Russian vaccine Sputnik V. According to the government, the vaccine will be imported until domestic production begins.
New mutants are spreading
In March 2021, the Indian Ministry of Health announced that gene sequencing by a consortium of ten national research laboratories had revealed that several variants of the coronavirus were circulating in the country. These include variant B.1.1.7, which was first discovered in Great Britain and which spreads faster than the wild-type virus.
B.1.1.7 has already been detected on a large scale in the state of Punjab. It is "likely that this mutant will also spread to neighboring countries and dominate the overall infection rate," says Guleria.
Indian scientists are particularly interested in reports on a newly discovered variant. It contains two mutations that do not match the mutants cataloged so far. This "double mutant" was found in 15 to 20 percent of the samples from Maharashtra, says Jameel. It is the hardest hit state in India.
Little is known about this variant. According to Jameel, however, she is cause for concern: "The two mutations probably improve the virus' ability to bind to cellular receptors and evade antibodies." India needs to carry out surveillance studies to find out whether people who have been vaccinated are due to mutated viruses or declining immunity infect again.
- Why didn't Tesla buy Boston Dynamics
- Famous personalities in history who were introverted
- What is free business software
- Where can I buy manukaoel
- YouTubers are modern gods
- What takes away Kraempfe
- Do you personally know a white nationalist?
- How hard is it to learn Tagalog
- Andrew Carlssin was actually from the future
- How is beer made in Germany
- Can you identify these gemstones
- What is nickel silver
- What makes a person a narcissistic masochist
- Why did the Trinamool Congress separate from the Congress
- Gunsmiths made bullets
- Will replace Vijay Rajinikanth
- Where can you sell a wedding dress
- What does the PlayStation 5 look like
- Are Greeks and Arabs genetically related
- Hoops or earrings are better
- What shoes should you wear to BJJ
- Alcohol releases dopamine
- Why was Captain Marvel overly hyped
- What are the benefits of MBBS
- How can a country be renamed
- Large companies use Microsoft Access
- Can Brazil colonize Portugal
- Which is the best mango
- What color is obsidian
- Can RFID be cloned
- How to remove rust from granite
- Are Americans in America real Americans?
- Is the princess bride a chick movie