What is UN
The United Nations at a glance
The United Nations is an important forum in international relations. Together with the member states and other actors, the world organization is involved in the areas of peace and security, human rights and sustainable development. They are important fields of activity that affect us all and that can only be dealt with through cooperation.
The UN was founded shortly after the horrors of World War II (1939-1945) on October 24, 1945 founded by 51 states. The primary goal was to prevent future wars. The legal basis of the UN and its member states is the Charter of the United Nations. It defines the fundamental principles of intergovernmental cooperation as well as the goals and tasks of the world organization.
The UN is not a world government and it does not legislate. It is primarily the Member States that make important decisions. The UN Secretariat accompanies this process, as do non-state actors. Together with their main and subsidiary organs as well as the specialized agencies and programs, they all make up the complex UN system.
The decisions made in the form of resolutions are fundamentally only binding under international law in the Security Council, one of the main UN organs. In all political negotiations, the United Nations can either act as Forum - for example the General Assembly - when instrument - for example for UN member states - or even as Actor - appear in international politics, among others in the form of the UN Secretary General.
- What is the reason for living 2
- What are disinfectants Is soap a disinfectant
- Can the US still protect its allies?
- Why do I sing so terribly
- Where can I buy a driver's license
- What is the richest city in Rwanda
- How do you say guess in Tagalog
- How do you deal with religious fanatics
- What is FTR software testing
- What is an online gold investment
- Men can wear girls' panties
- What makes a good accountant
- Why doesn't lava melt people
- Why is Forever 21 so disorganized
- Are police officers racists
- Did Alaska ever belong to Canada
- What are the advantages of digital banking
- What are the forces of interaction between atoms
- Can I choose HVAC as my career
- How can my training company grow
- Contributes to hair colorants in hair loss
- What are some boring names
- What are some little known astronaut facts
- What do Israelis think of Assad?
- What is your indescribable dream
- Is selling used books a crime?
- Donald Trump is charged with fraud
- Why is treason considered the supreme crime
- Who are the world famous builders
- Why did I never have a dream
- Should we abolish the death penalty
- How can I end my internship early?
- Why do Tamils hate Hindus
- Who is a lonely person