Why are the Jordan 1s so expensive
Michael Jordan: Nike Air Jordan 1S from 1985 auctioned for 500,000 euros - world record
Michael Jordan is the best basketball player of all time. No discussion. Image: imago images / UPI Photo
Michael Jordan's shoes sold for half a million euros
A pair of worn out Michael Jordan sneakers fetched a record price at an auction in New York. The basketball legend's "Nike Air Jordan 1S" sneakers were auctioned for $ 560,000 (around 517,000 euros), a world record for a pair of sneakers, as the auction house Sotheby's announced on Sunday. It was nearly four times the original estimate of $ 150,000.
Expensive footwear: the right and left Nike Air Jordan 1S from 1985 (left to right) .sothebys
According to Sotheby's, the buyer wanted to remain anonymous. In the last 20 minutes of the online auction, the price soared, bidders from four continents participated.
The price for the different sized 1985 Jordans are world records
The previous record price for a pair of sneakers was achieved by Sotheby's in New York last yearwhen Canadian collector Miles Nadal paid more than $ 430,000 for a Nike "Moon Shoe" made around 1972.
According to the auction house, the "Nike Air Jordan 1S" is the first shoe that Jordan, who is now 57 years old, developed together with Nike in 1985. Since then, Jordan and many other sports stars around the world have repeatedly designed shoes and other sporting goods with great success.
Jordan's shoes had been in the possession of a collector since 2012
Jordan wore the red, white and black sneakers with red laces that were auctioned off on Sunday as a Chicago Bulls player in several NBA games. They were made to measure for the star, the right shoe slightly larger than the left. One of the shoes bears Jordan's signature.
They had been in the possession of the collector Jordan Geller since 2012, who had put them up for auction. The ten-part documentary series "The Last Dance" is currently putting the athlete who is considered the best basketball player of all time back in the spotlight. The new documentary about Jordan and his last season with the Chicago Bulls is running on the streaming service Netflix.
(as / dpa)
How Dirk Nowitzki revolutionized the NBA with a physics trick
It's over. Dirk Nowitzki ends his career. "That was my last home game," announced the 40-year-old on Tuesday night after the Mavericks game against the Phoenix Suns in Dallas. And an entire sport mourns this, because the best non-American basketball player of all time has revolutionized the sport. His trick: he worked with the simplest of physics.
Anyone who wants to understand the rise of Dirk Nowitzki has to deal with Holger Geschwindner at some point. The former …Link to the article
- Software companies in India offer software developers
- Culture determines what is morally good
- Why are gutter guards bad
- What can we import from Dubai
- How common is mixed marriage in Kazakhstan
- What are the upcoming online fashion websites
- What are the practices of Buddhism
- How are rough diamonds valued
- Is it right to dream big?
- Are RM and Lisa from Blackpink
- What is the least popular Halloween candy
- It's time to end capitalism
- India's economy is slowing down
- Who needs CAD CAM
- When is a kirpan not worn?
- Why did Hong Kong let Snowden go
- Economists can become accountants
- Is pizza a sandwich
- Was the Carolingian renaissance the real renaissance?
- Can you come to your teachers
- Girls fall in love with mysterious guys
- What's your opinion on Pixar
- Can you freeze mercury
- Who are the most unique serial killers