What does accidental death insurance cover
Direct car insurance (review 2021)
Direct Auto Insurance ReviewIn our Opinion: Direct Auto Insurance might be worth a look if you live in any of the 12 states it covers. It has a long list of discounts and might be a great choice for high risk drivers, but it isn't one of our top rated vendors discount options Offers coverage for high risk drivers Console: Available in 12 states onlyLow volume of customer reviews79Comparing offers
Direct Auto Insurance is a small insurer that promises to cover drivers regardless of their insurance history. If you are a high risk driver, direct auto insurance might be a great option for you.
Our review team did a thorough research of the best auto insurance providers and compared them based on insurance coverage, discounts, customer reviews and much more. We recommend seeking quotes from multiple providers so you can find the one that gives you the best coverage at the lowest price. Enter your zip code into our simple, free listing tool to get started.
Direct overview of car insurance
Direct Auto Insurance has specialized in non-standard auto insurance since 1991. The policies are taken out by the Direct General Group, also known as National General Insurance. While not one of the largest auto insurance companies, their website offers low prices, flexible payment plans, and good customer service.
Direct Auto specializes in providing tariffs to high-risk drivers and drivers who require an SR-22 certificate after committing a serious traffic violation such as a DUI or causing an accident while driving without insurance.
Coverage is available in the following 12 states:
- North Carolina
- South carolina
Direct car insurance coverage
Direct Auto Insurance offers vehicle coverage through a network of agents. The following types of auto insurance are available from Direct Auto:
- Liability for personal injury: Covers other party's medical bills after an accident you cause and is required in most states
- Liability for property damage: Covers other party's bills for repairs after an accident you cause and is required in most states
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Pays for certain medical expenses in the event of a car accident and is required in some states
- Collision: Helps pay for the repair or replacement of your own vehicle after an accident you caused or when you come across an object such as a tree, pole or fence
- Full: Helps you pay for your vehicle to be repaired or replaced if something other than a collision occurs, such as a collision. B. a weather-related event, was stolen or damaged
- Medical payments (MedPay): Optional coverage that pays medical, hospital and funeral costs in the event of an accident, regardless of who is to blame
- Uninsured motorists (UM cover): Helps you pay costs if you have been injured in an accident and the driver at fault cannot be identified or does not have adequate insurance coverage
In addition to standard types of auto insurance, Direct Auto offers the following insurance and auto-related products:
- tow away
- Roadside assistance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Rent reimbursement
- Mexico auto insurance
- Accidental death insurance
- Commercial car insurance
- Contingency plans
If you are unsure of the type of coverage you need, one of Direct Auto's agents can help. Agents can be especially useful if you've just moved to a new state, as they are usually familiar with their state's minimum insurance requirements.
Direct car insurance discounts
Unlike some agent-based insurers, where only potential customers can get quotes in person, Direct Auto Insurance customers can also get quotes online or over the phone. Direct Auto offers an impressive list of discounts for drivers, vehicles, and insurance policies to provide our customers with the lowest possible rates.
|Direct discount for auto insurance||details|
|military||Active military personnel can save up to 25%.|
|Safe driver|| Drivers who were injury and accident free |
for at least three years can save up to 10%.
|Good student||Unmarried full-time students with a B-average or better can save up to 10%.|
|Senior|| Drivers who are at least 55 years old and have completed |
An accident prevention course for motor vehicles can save up to 5%.
|Multi-car||If you have more than one car in your policy, you can save up to 25%.|
|Mileage||If you drive fewer miles per year, you can save up to 5%.|
|Multi-product|| Adding a product like term life insurance, an emergency protection plan, |
Roadside assistance can save you up to 5%.
|Advance reporting|| Switch to Direct Auto Insurance after being insured by another provider |
you can save 25% for at least six months.
|Homeowner||Homeowners can save up to 15%.|
|renovation|| If your policy has not expired in the last 12 months and you renew |
You can save up to 20% within seven to 10 days of the expiry.
|Welcome back|| If you have previously taken out direct car insurance but haven't had one |
In the last six months, you can save up to 6% on switching back.
|affinity||Members of Direct Auto's partner organizations can save up to 5%.|
Direct reviews and customer service for auto insurance
Direct Auto Insurance has a lot of reviews on its website, but of course the company only shows positive feedback. Your best bet is to check out independent review sites like the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for a complete picture of customer satisfaction.
Direct Auto Insurance does not have its own BBB profile. However, a look at the insurer's parent company, National General, can give a sense of Direct Auto's customer satisfaction. National General has an A + rating from the BBB with a 3.0 out of 5.0 customer score based on over 300 reviews. Much of the negative reviews on the National General's BBB page has to do with frustration during the application process. National General also has an A Financial Strength rating from AM Best, which means it is in a good position to pay off customer claims.
Note that the Direct Auto Insurance BBB page is not to be confused with the Direct Auto Insurance Company profile as the two are not linked.
Our verdict on direct car insurance: 79%
Our team rates Direct Auto Insurance 79 percent for providing insurance coverage and SR-22 certificates to high risk drivers, and having an impressive list of discounts. However, coverage is only available in 12 states and there are limited reviews from customers.
If you are a high risk driver we recommend getting a quote from Direct Auto Insurance and comparing it to other top insurers so you can get the best coverage at the best price. Fill out our simple, free form to get started.
Our recommendations for car insurance
In addition to direct car insurance, our team has carried out extensive research on other top insurers. If you are in the cheap auto insurance market and are a high risk driver, we encourage you to take a look at Progressive and GEICO.
Progressive: Best for high risk drivers
Our team rates Progressive with 95 percent. In addition to nationwide availability and many types of insurance coverage, it offers affordable auto insurance for drivers with DUIs or DWIs on their records.
Progressive has an A + rating from AM Best and the BBB. It offers its customers usage-based options through an app called Snapshot ® . Progressive also has a Name Your Price tool ® , which allows customers to enter a tariff they want to pay and match against coverage options within their budget. For more information, see our full progressive car insurance review.
GEICO: Best overall
We rate GEICO with a total of 96 percent. The company has a BBB rating of A + and an AM Best financial strength rating of A ++. It also has highly rated and useful mobile apps that customers can use to find policy details, pay bills, and more.
GEICO offers many discounts, e.g. For military personnel and students, and offers savings on bundling. This makes it one of the most cost-effective providers in the industry. For a closer look, read our full GEICO auto insurance report. You can also compare coverage, discounts, and more in our GEICO vs. Progressive test.
- Do you suffer from back pain
- How did cyberpunk ruin cyberpunk in 2077
- Why is Russia so kind to India
- What do you mean by CTC
- How can I redeem a PSN code?
- Where should I go in Jakarta
- Why did democracy come to an end in France?
- What are the characters of a real person
- Why is an abacus important for children
- Can you secretly love someone
- Why does Iran keep attacking Israel?
- What products are selling in India
- Will fascism rise again?
- What are the types of connections
- What does it mean to be demanding
- Canada needs more money
- Why is India so linguistically diverse
- Which book should you start reading with?
- How has minimalism affected your work life
- How do you become less absorbed in yourself
- Is love the meaning of life
- Are human nails biodegradable
- What is the national dish of Bangladesh
- Are narcissists capable of true self-reflection