When you think you are going to get married
SAY NO TO FORCED MARRIAGE!
Nobody can marry you against your will
- not in Albania,
- not in Afghanistan,
- not in Lebanon,
- not in Iraq,
- not in Turkey,
- not in Asia,
- not in africa,
- and not in Germany either!
The 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights states:
"The marriage may only be concluded on the basis of the free and full agreement of the future spouses." (Article 16)
Forced marriage violates not only human rights, but also numerous other laws, treaties and declarations in many countries.
Forced marriage is a form of violence against girls and women.
Love does not grow out of compulsion. Your wedding should be a beautiful day in your life.
YOU will live with your husband and should love him - not your parents and not your relatives!
Tell your relatives as soon as possible if you don't want to get married. Don't wait until the wedding party is planned and the invitations have been sent.
There is something you can do if you are forced to get married.
Maybe you think your parents have the laws on their side. Maybe you fear that no one will believe you.
Forced marriage is prohibited in Germany. Since July 1st, 2011 there has been a special law to combat forced marriage and to better protect victims of forced marriage, which punishes the perpetrators with up to 5 years in prison.
You can fight back if you are forced to get married.
Talking to someone can help you figure out what to do.
You can contact someone in the family, your teacher, or a counseling center.
There are counseling centers in Germany that have experience with forced marriage.
They can help you in a targeted manner - even if you have already been married.
If you have to go into hiding, they can put you in a crisis facility / shelter.
If you wish, you can be advised anonymously and do not have to give your name.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE FORCED MARRIAGE AND NEED SUPPORT, YOU CAN WRITE TO US.
Click here for email advice!
- Self-injurious scars will ever go away
- How do I care for my jewelry
- What does Korey Daniel want from life
- Can you reuse a lottery ticket
- What are the best treatments for keratoconus
- What is nominal GDP per capita
- What would be your ultimate career choice
- What if your Canada visa is denied
- How does the power factor compensation work
- Why am I afraid of dating
- Worries and fears are the same
- How many beats per minute is allegro
- Can you trust the recipes in cookbooks?
- Can someone steal their bitcoins?
- Who runs gold rates
- How can I buy kcn online
- Should gay men use the women's toilet
- Which led to the demise of Adobe Flash
- What is the average electricity bill
- What is the history of jeans
- Why is Scotland so pro-EU
- Why do people stop not eating vegetables
- How is the brainbow technique performed
- How many words are in each word