Can I get my logo design patent?
Protect your logo: does it make sense or not?
From copyright.de, last update on: May 16, 2021
A logo is not infrequently that Figurehead of a company and contributes significantly to the Recognition value of a product or service. It is therefore not surprising that companies have a great interest in their To protect logo and thereby prevent possible product piracy.
FAQ on the subject of "Protect your logo"
A logo as a graphic can fall under copyright law. There is also the option of having a logo registered as a trademark.
If you would like to have a logo protected, you should carry out a so-called trademark research in advance. In the DPMA database you can see applied, registered and rejected German trademarks.
If a company decides to have a logo protected by the DPMA, it receives the exclusive right to this label. If you bring products or services with an identical symbol or a protected word mark into circulation, there may be a trademark infringement. This usually results in a warning including a declaration of discontinuance.
Have your logo legally protected: How does it work?
The Protection for a logo usually takes place via the Registration as a trademark at the DPMA. Experts speak at one of these graphic element mostly from one Figurative mark. Connects the logo Characters and graphics, however, is a so-called Word / figurative mark in front.
So that you a Protect your logo can, however, must concrete requirements fulfill. This is how brands must basically distinctive and it can't just be one pure description trade the product or service.
In addition, you can get one logo only get protected if this graphically representable is. Because according to German law is a pure protection of ideas is not possible.
Protect your logo: What are the costs?
Make up your mind to do so Protect logo to drop by Patent office for registration in principle costs at. These are at least included 290 euros. Through the Entry in the trademark register get for ten years the exclusive right for the commercial use of the label.
Would you like the logo Furthermore you can protect the Term of the property right unlimited for a period of ten years each extend. However, there is one for it Renewal fee which at at least 750 euros lies.
Additional costs can also arise when you have a Trademark law attorney with the registration or the exam order the necessary documents.
Protect your logo - short and compact
To a logo before the Recovery Protecting third parties is one Registration as a trademark possible at the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA). The trademark law gives you the exclusive rights for use in a commercial setting. Under certain requirements a logo can also be the copyright subject.
You might also be interested in:
- What aspects of Sikhism are wrong
- Are family judges biased
- Individualism is the core concept of liberalism
- How do people protect themselves from criminals?
- Helps FPS in PUBG Mobile the players
- What's wrong with the Pakistani Army
- What causes sea level rise
- College Tips for Building a Dean List
- What's wrong with our training 1
- How is McGill University doing
- Why are leopards afraid of hyenas
- How meaningful is life
- How does life change after college life
- How can we get wealth in life
- What is the definition of moral norms
- Where can a man get a girlfriend
- Sturgeon tails young chicks
- How do postural orthoses work
- What connection do all three bonds form
- What happens when lava touches water
- Everyone is ticklish
- What is a Provisional Prime Minister
- How are India and Pakistan divided?
- Where can I get a DJ job