What is a good high protein breakfast
Protein breakfast - start the day full of power!
We cannot survive without protein and certainly not without breakfast ... So why not combine both in a protein breakfast and benefit from its advantages?
Attention attention! At the end there are still our favorite fitness recipes to recreate! <3
Why is a high protein breakfast so important?
Eat early like an emperor, lunch like a king and evening like a beggar. A well-known proverb, which has its justification. It doesn't matter when you eat your calories throughout the day (such as with intermittent fasting), but you usually need more energy in the morning than in the evening.
Calories are practically synonymous with energy. If you have an active everyday life, have to concentrate in the office or at university, then a healthy breakfast will help you start the day stronger.
However, it is not only important when you eat, but also what you eat. For example, if you quickly grab a roll from the bakery, which usually consists of wheat, a fatty spread and cheap sausage, your body goes on a roller coaster.
This means that your blood sugar level and thus your performance curve goes up rapidly due to the so-called "fast" carbohydrates. It flattens out just as quickly - you feel tired and limp. Then only the coffee to go helps to wake up again ...
So a lot of what the body has to do in the morning (and a lot of unsightly plastic waste).
Better to consciously reach for a healthy fitness breakfast right away, which strengthens your body.
Healthy fitness breakfast
Carbohydrates and fat are both sources of energy. It is best to choose a source. Complex carbohydrates like oatmeal or healthy fats like avocado or nuts.
You should definitely combine your energy source with our third and almost most important macronutrient: protein.
Protein consists of amino acids. Our whole body, i.e. skin and hair, muscles and bones as well as cells, are made up of amino acids. They are important for all body processes.
Everyone has a different protein requirement - depending on age, weight, level of activity, etc.
-> In this article you will find out how you can calculate your protein requirement: Calculate protein needs
Protein is particularly popular with athletes because it protects our muscles and is crucial in building muscle. The DGE recommends a protein intake of 0.8 g per kg of body weight daily for athletes.
So starting the morning with protein right away helps meet the daily protein requirement.
But protein should also be included in breakfast for non-athletes. These help to keep the blood sugar level constant. This means you don't feel so tired during the digestive process and you can perform consistently. In addition, the feeling of satiety occurs quickly and lasts for a long time.
Healthy breakfast recipes
Breakfast is our favorite meal - no matter what time of the day! 😛 Whether sweet or savory, there are numerous sources of protein from which you can create a healthy protein breakfast. Eggs, nuts, yogurt, tofu, protein powder, protein bread, peanut butter, quark, quark, quark ... the list is long.
That's why we have prepared something for you:
For the porridge
- 50gr oatmeal
- 1TL flaxseed
- 2 tablespoon protein powder with vanilla flavor
- 150ml water
- 1/2 banana
- 1 piece of (vegan) chocolate
- Frozen berries
- Place the oatmeal in a coated pan and gently toast it to get the extra flavor out of it.
- Then you add the water, the flaxseed and your favorite protein powder and now it's time to stir well!
- Cut the apple into cubes and mix with the mashed banana into the oat flakes. If necessary, add water, depending on whether you want a more liquid porridge or a more solid mass. Don't forget to stir!
- The whole thing also works in the microwave - it's much faster and tastes just as good! To do this, simply add the same ingredients with enough water to your favorite bowl and heat for about 3 minutes over medium heat.
- When your mass is ready and nice and warm, it's time for your favorite chocolate. Press a piece of it in the middle and watch it slowly melt away .. just like us.
- The frozen berries provide for cooling - we now add them as a topping and sprinkle with cinnamon - Et Voila!
We are looking forward to your pictures! By the way, you can now also print out our recipes -> Simply click on the printer icon at the top right 😉
Protein Oatmeal from the microwave
- 70g tender oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 banana
- 30ml water
- Toppings at will
- Mix all ingredients (except for the toppings) until a viscous mass is formed. You are also welcome to add flax seeds, chia seeds, apples, nuts, etc.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and place in the microwave for about 3 minutes at 600 watts. The mass should now be firm and ideally still slightly runny in the middle. If that is not the case, simply put it in the microwave again.
- Now comes the most important step:
- Add your toppings! Our favorites are frozen berries and cinnamon 🙂
Vegan protein banana bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 100ml vegetable milk e.g. Oats, soy or cashew
- 120g oatmeal
- 50g protein powder B. vanilla
- 1/2 pack baking powder
- 1pk vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 30ml oil e.g. coconut oil or sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat.
- Mash the bananas on a board or plate with a fork until it becomes soft.
- In a large bowl, mix the oatmeal with your favorite protein powder, baking powder, vanilla sugar, and cinnamon. Vanilla whey goes particularly well with banana bread.
- Next, mix the bananas with the oil and the plant-based drink in another bowl. We recommend oat, soy or cashew milk.
- Now mix the dry and liquid ingredients into an even mass.
- If you like, you can now mix in nuts, pieces of chocolate or blueberries.
- Grease the loaf pan well and then pour the dough into the pan.
- Bake the banana bread at 180 degrees top and bottom heat for 45-55 minutes until it is golden brown on top.
Cookie Dough - Healthy cookie dough to spoon
- 1can of chickpeas
- 30g almonds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Which faster modeling with SolidWorks or Blender
- Which Indian YouTuber deserves the greatest popularity
- Were the Mongols ever defeated in India?
- Should the Philippines adopt the Chinese language
- How do I start creating animated videos
- How consumers buy online
- Is Noam Chomsky a left-wing libertarian
- Should I learn Java 8 or Scala?
- Why do I love spicy food
- Why India wants a permanent seat on the United Nations Security Council
- How would a CFO help a startup
- Who founded and founded Jerusalem
- Can you be HVAC certified online
- YouTubers are modern gods
- How do I care for my jewelry
- What is a night safari
- SSC CHSL is a good job
- Does Schrodinger's Cat have any relevance today
- Why do you feel really alive?
- What is your strangest wish
- Why was Alcatraz built on an island
- Is it easy to play a harmonica?
- Is American society narcissistic?
- Can lazy people be successful and productive