Vapors better than smoking
Vaping is less damaging to the heart and blood vessels than smoking
Switching to e-cigarettes leads to less damage to health compared to tobacco cigarettes - at least in terms of vascular health. This is confirmed by the latest study results from Scotland.
In the New Year in particular, many people intend to finally quit smoking. The end point method is undoubtedly the best for your health. However, this method has the lowest success rate of five percent without accompanying measures such as nicotine replacement therapy. But even those who switch to e-cigarettes can significantly improve their vascular health - after the first four weeks. It also reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. Scottish researchers around Dr. Jacob George of Dundee University Hospital.
In the from the British Heart Foundation initiated study - allegedly the largest to date to investigate the influence of e-cigarettes on vascular health - a total of 114 participants were followed for two years who had smoked at least 15 cigarettes per day in the past two years (see Journal of the American College of Cardiology, published online November 15). The test subjects were divided into three groups: One group continued to smoke cigarettes, a second switched to e-cigarettes and liquids with nicotine, and a third group switched to e-cigarettes and liquids without nicotine.
Result: Those subjects who switched from tobacco cigarettes to e-cigarettes achieved significant improvements in vascular health in terms of endothelial function and arterial stiffness, the researchers write. This effect could be observed regardless of whether the test persons had consumed nicotine-containing or nicotine-free liquids. In the test subjects who continued to use tobacco cigarettes in addition to the e-cigarette, however, it was much smaller than with pure vapers.
Nevertheless, first author Dr. Jacob George pointed out that e-cigarettes still pose a threat: “It is important to emphasize that e-cigarettes are not safe. However, according to our study data, they are less dangerous than tobacco cigarettes in terms of vascular health. "
Source: University of Dundee press release of November 15, 2019 & Ärztezeitung of December 4, 2019
- How can China manufacture almost anything
- How many other schedules were added later
- Why are people interested in brand names
- What will we develop from?
- What are hybrid electric vehicles
- What are some interesting Melbourne tram rides
- There was a governor
- Why are psychopaths mostly extroverted?
- How do you select a diamond seller
- Will immigration slow down racism?
- How are white Muslims treated
- What does the worker cover
- How does EMI work
- Are there any useful tips for wedding planning
- How do I make money with LinkedIn
- Is it better to live in Canada?
- Was the Carolingian renaissance the real renaissance?
- How did America defeat Nazi Germany?
- Why should soldiers march at the same time?
- Which television actor deserves more respect
- Why are children so materialistic
- What does chingu mean in Korean
- Should anti-SLAPP laws be made international
- Do you greet strangers
- What is your most disgusting thought
- What will purify tarnished silver?
- Is the POCSO law punishable?
- What's your worst dark web experience
- Why is Singapore not part of ABTC
- How to meet lesbians in Delhi
- What sweets do you hate the most?
- Is an auto supply business profitable these days
- What is the point of childbirth