What is context
What actually is a "context"?
Lecture for the seminar "Literature in Context"
December 15, 2008
Dear Sirs and Madames,
I would like to pursue with you the question of what a context actually is - or, more pluralistic or "postmodern" formulated: what everything can be and mean "context". Now, the "context" is not a classic philosophical technical term, and the term has not been used for too long in the other scientific disciplines or has rather led a shadowy existence for a long time; and yet the word is on everyone's lips today, at least within the humanities, but also in upscale everyday conversation.
Our central question will therefore initially be: "In which context does the term 'context' actually belong? self ? "This is actually not that easy and clear to answer. A brief passage through its history therefore helps us to understand why the term is so widespread today, on the one hand, but has also become rather vague on the other - it is not at all easy to define what exactly "context" means or what it should mean in the context of the Baden-Württemberg Abitur tasks.
At the end of this passage I would then like to try to put the gained insights and meanings of "context" into a small system, which hopefully makes the further discussion easier for us, since we can then better say which context we are currently talking about.
- Who celebrates on a Sunday evening
- Does the Muslim believe in enlightenment?
- How do you deal with superficiality
- Who was the first monarch in history
- Why is our hair dyed black
- Where can I buy green cabbage in India
- Are brotherhoods and sororities secret societies
- What are the merits of the reservation
- What messages are not fake messages
- What words rhyme with healing
- Why do people think about dying?
- How is the currency swap used for hedging
- Will people keep buying expensive jewelry?
- Are Arabs ethnically African
- Is there an Ayurvedic treatment for spondylitis
- What is a different sea
- A black vulture attacks people
- What are the main Korean dishes
- What is the ego
- Did Japan start the Vietnam War?
- How do you say your pants through
- How dirty are public bathrooms
- Can you write fanfiction here
- Why wasn't Putin charged?
- How is the funding for public schools calculated
- How do i know if i'm bored?
- What happens if someone falls into lava
- How can I contact a gemstone buyer
- Can the US benefit from Mexican immigration?
- What is prestressed concrete
- How much is omnipotence worth
- What happens when Bitcoin recovers
- How difficult was your hostel life