How will the Pakistani cuisine taste
Lamb pilaf from Pakistan
This extraordinary dish has nothing to do with the Indian "risotto" that is sometimes eaten in restaurants in the west. It takes a long time to cook, but if you follow the instructions on this page, success is guaranteed.
800 grams of lamb (shoulder)
2 cups of basmati rice
6 cups of finely chopped onions
400 grams of peeled tomatoes
100 grams of sultanas
4 cloves of garlic
1 ginger root
6 green cardamom pods (or 3 black)
20 black peppercorns
1 bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick
1 pinch of mace
1 pinch of grated nutmeg
2 tbsp coriander seeds
2 tbsp whole cumin seeds
2-4 dried chili peppers
2 cups of water
We are going to use the spices clockwise as above: a spoon groundTurmeric, black peppercorns, coriander, Cumin seeds, greener cardamom, Cloves, Bay leaves, Serrano chili peppers and in the middle from bottom to top: sea-salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Spices cost next to nothing these days and even if you can't keep them forever (like my mother does), 'old' cardamom, for example, is still way better than no cardamom at all. And please never buy spices that have already been ground - after two weeks they taste like magic chips and you won't be able to really enjoy them.
For this dish we need that very best basmati rice. Don't be afraid to go to an Indian store to get it - or order it online. In the picture you can see the sack with my very best Basmati. You're welcome two cups put in a sieve.
The first step is very important - you have to make the rice several times to wash, then leave it in a pot of water for one to two hours. If you skip this process, you have to accept that the rice will not be cooked through properly.
Dry the meat with a paper towel and it is best to cut out the greasy white pieces from the meat. Then cut the meat into meat cubes about the width of your thumb.
Season with salt and pepper. Then wrap the meat in plastic wrap and leave the meat like that while you continue to prepare.
Remove the ginger, onions, and garlic from the refrigerator.
Peel, then cut the onions as thinly as possible. Press the garlic and grate the ginger until you have about the same amount of both.
Using a newcomer to FXCuisine, I reduce the peppercorns, caraway seeds, coriander, mace and nuts and the seeded and stalked chili peppers to a much celebrated powder than I could ever have made with a mortar.
Heat some ghee or oil in a heating stove.
Now add the big smelly spices: cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and the bay leaf. Fry until everything is lightly brown. You shouldn't let them burn, but the bay leaves should still discolor. This process enhances the flavor of the spices, much like heating raw sesame seeds.
- How does the US university system work
- Which is the biggest mall in Bangalore
- What famous person impresses you
- How do ENFPs make you jealous
- How do I impress a woman
- What is important in student life
- What are some romantic getaways in Arizona
- Were the Mongols ever defeated in India?
- Why are jeans called jeans
- What distinguishes Cantonese cuisine
- What is gum disease
- Why does everyone want love so much?
- Where can I buy flowers
- Do you have a passion for your marketing?
- What is ecological imperialism
- What are Modern Slavery List
- How bad does a beating hurt
- Your insurance will cover floods
- Are hats allowed in court
- Are Bengali Hindus proud to be Hindus?
- How do Western Union and MoneyGram work
- Wins the Sanskrit language in Europe
- Like girls and men who attract each other
- Why are Americans so against immigration?