Play CS GO well for teenagers
Description of the game: The content of "Counter-Strike" is a battle between one or optionally four different terrorist groups and their opponents, an anti-terrorist unit. The goals of the game are contradicting each other. The various maps are mainly about preventing hostages being freed (hostage rescue scenario) and laying and defending bombs (defusion scenario), which the opposing party tries to prevent accordingly. Two other scenarios, in which a character is escorted or an entire team has to reach a safety zone, are used by the players far less or not at all online. The virtual game world shows realistic and detailed scenarios in the form of harbor areas, container and storage halls up to forest-like landscapes and small towns. As a team-based game, you can play the first person shooter either online with other players or offline with computer opponents and fellow players.
Pedagogical assessment: The Federal Testing Office for Media Harmful to Young People (BPjM) in Bonn decided on May 16, 2002 not to put the game "Counter-Strike" on the indexing list of media harmful to young people. With the introduction of the statutory age rating for computer games on April 1st, 2003, the USK marked the game with the age rating "Approved for ages 16+" in the same year.
Since the reasons for the decision of the BPjM for "Counter-Strike" describe and explain the fundamental problems of such games in a very extensive and extremely informative way, we asked the Federal Inspection Agency to make their decision available to the readers of the game guide. The explanations make it clear that the genre of the first person shooter makes up a small percentage (approx. 5%) of all computer and console games. At the same time, we know that the games are played regularly and intensively by many children and young people, either secretly or, if they are of the appropriate age, often organized in so-called clans (see also www.4players.de). Pedagogical experiences and findings in dealing with other media, such as film and television, have made it clear that a mere condemnation of certain media content does not do justice to the actual motivation of many young people to turn to this content. In order to be able to shape the discourse of the generations in a constructive way, adults (especially parents) are required who take the young players seriously, try to understand their interests and who combine their criticism with alternative offers that are appropriate for children and young people. Instead of hasty bans, they should keep in touch with the children and young people about their interests in playing and encourage them specifically with offers and measures that enable them to protect themselves as far as possible from harmful influences. At the same time, constructive conversations and discussions between critical adults and players can promote the willingness to get to know and understand different points of view. (For more information on this see also in the section 'Theory', 'Articles / Essays':
Problematic computer games as reflected in the protection of minors in the media as well as: cultural conflict computer games
by Jürgen Fritz and Wolfgang Fehr)
You can read the detailed reasons for the judgment of the BPjM here .
- Is a reservation to OBC apt
- Hate Chinese and their government hate Muslims
- How do people create Stockholm Syndrome
- Itraconazole is a potential cancer cure
- Why do we support Jallikattu
- How do payment processing applications work online
- What are you interested in about Indian history
- How do you like traveling by train?
- Who owns the patent for the Internet
- Authoritarianism is inherently unstable
- How can boredom kill you
- What was Twitter's involvement with Pivotal Labs
- Where can I find really patriotic Indians
- Are men oppressed
- What is the best style to wear
- Am I too young to sound philosophical?
- Why did Italy fail in World War II?
- Who sang the song Summer Blues 2007
- What is a context diagram
- What are the counter-questioning tactics
- How do I create a crypto wallet
- Why are Americans so crazy about baseball?
- How can I resist cravings?
- How do I enjoy my housework