What is the face of fashion
Fashion: Fashion for the face: the trends in eyewear fashion
"Large frames remain modern, but new colors and shapes now look fresher and more elegant than classic nerd glasses," says Thomas Truckenbrod, optician from Leipzig and President of the Central Association of Opticians, summarizing the new fashion.
"When it comes to frames, the trend is moving away from thick edges towards filigree shapes," explains Truckenbrod. "Round frames replace rectangular ones. The glasses no longer look so hard." Glaudia Chestnut, style consultant from Saaldorf-Surheim near Salzburg, recommends the round shapes to people with angular, distinctive facial features. "In this way, the glasses can balance out physical characteristics like an opposite pole." On the other hand, people with round facial features should be aware that oval frames will enhance their soft expression, explains the expert. It is also important: "Not only the shape of the frame should fit the person, but also the size. Small people can appear overwhelmed by a large frame," says Chestnut.
Warm and cool colors
In addition to the shape, there is also a change in the colors. "Matt tones are en vogue, especially berry tones such as blue, purple and red," says optician Truckenbrod. In addition, shades of brown in different nuances replace the simple, plain black. "The frames are now marbled and patterned in a turtle look." Chestnut advises that when choosing the frame color, you should pay attention to whether the tone has a warm or a cool shimmer. "Warm nuances contain more red parts, cool ones more blue parts," she explains. People with ash-blonde, brown or black hair and light skin would often look better in cool colors. If you have golden-blonde or red hair and peach-colored skin, it is better to use a warm tone.
The materials reflect the general social trend towards a more sustainable, healthier way of life. "Glasses made from natural products such as paper, cotton, stone or buffalo horn are all in," says expert Truckenbrod. "But glasses are now also made from recycled materials, such as vinyl, that is, old records." However, models made from trendy recycled materials are not mass-produced, but handcrafted as unique items. "Of course, such high-quality models have a corresponding price," explains Kerstin Kruschinski from the Kuratorium Gutessehen in Berlin. In contrast, glasses with wooden frames are now slipping into the inexpensive segment. An indicator that wood is no longer the latest trend.
Cheaper glasses are still made of metals such as titanium and carbon or plastics such as acetate. "Metals and plastics are pleasantly easy to carry because of their low weight," Truckenbrod explains the advantage. Mixed materials are also popular in eyewear fashion at the moment. "Both natural materials and metals are now processed together with plastics in one pair of glasses."
There is a practical reason why the trend towards large glasses and frames will persist for the time being. "It offers its wearer a high level of service. The frame does not come into view and the viewing area is nice and large. This is particularly useful with varifocals," explains Kerstin Kruschinski. Whenever a fashion not only looks chic, but also takes functional aspects into account, it has a good chance of remaining trendy for a long time. It also has to be wearable by many people: "Neon colors, for example, don't suit everyone." One could therefore conclude: the more extreme and conspicuous the shape and color, the shorter the half-life of the trend.
Some color changes, other materials - so is that all that changes? Not quite. A completely new development is finding its way into the eyewear business, even if only very sporadically for the time being: 3D printers are now producing the first glasses. Truckenbrod sees an advantage in the fact that the glasses can be tailored to individual needs. A possible disadvantage is the appearance: According to the eye expert, you can see a slightly rough structure because the glasses are printed in layers. (dpa)
- Is it easy to implement Salesforce
- What are some simple but great things
- Who is your favorite top 10 YouTuber
- What is China's view of Tamil nationalism
- Support Christianity's prohibition of homosexual acts
- What is the SAARC Myanmar Relationship
- Why are architects not valued
- Where can I find dealers for the wholesale trade
- How Much Equity Should a CEO Get?
- What does CodeNation actually do
- Why is the Indian government banning NDTV
- What is the synonym for flat
- How does an RO membrane work
- What is Stanford University
- Atheism is still taboo in your country
- What is the beginning of wisdom
- Why are my testicles always cold
- How do banks set interest rates
- Who are the Dionne Quintuplets
- What is the meaning of demanding
- Let boys be intimidated by girls
- What is it like to live in Nauru
- Siamite is a synthetic gemstone
- What is WorldRemit Fund Transfer
- Which gem suits me
- Which is better AutoCAD or Draftsight
- What is succession planning
- How much of Scotland voted remains to be seen
- Why would anyone choose Columbia over UCLA
- What makes our politics so dirty
- Should we stop calling children shy
- What's the name of Lisa Randall's blog