How does a start show the traction?
Buzzwords and interesting facts:What is really meant by “traction”
It is important for measuring success, pitches and media interest - but when can a startup show traction?
"If ideas or experiments show little traction, we end them again." Felix Haas from Amiando once put it. What exactly is meant by that?
There is no really apt German translation for this favorite word of startup bloggers and anglophile investors.
With “traction” the approximate direction of the term can be made out, but the entrepreneurial definition means more: It's about you quantitative evidence of customer demand, either the existing one or the one to be created. Well-known variables, for example with online services, are for example:
- registered users
- New registrations within a period of time
- active users
- Website traffic
- Social media following
These are general measures, depending on the type and market segment of the startup, more specific variables are more important. For an e-commerce startup, the returning customers are perhaps particularly relevant, for a community platform the recommendations per user or the time spent by the average user. The core is the meaningfulness of the size for the present business model. This can then be used, for example for a pitch, to demonstrate demand and, in particular, its increase. The term traction also includes the question, how well a startup can generate demand. Depending on how important it is to identify demand, traction can even become a decisive element when presenting a business idea.
With convincing evidence for traction, the success story that is so important for start-ups can also be told. Something is immediately relevant for the media when founders can show tons of new registrations for their business. And this reporting itself may in turn generate new interest.
- What did Nietzsche stand for in the end?
- Can I get a disability for Asperger's?
- What does Parwal mean in English
- What do you think about orgone energy
- Who is a vindictive man or woman
- Should I study in Sweden or Germany?
- Why is Supreme clothing so popular
- Why are people so interested in jewelry
- What are gold plated rings
- Why are INFPs so private
- How are ingredients checked on food
- What is Ayurveda best suited for?
- Why do phones never work in dreams
- Is Israel Apartheid 1
- What are brands like Balmain famous for?
- How can you simplify the first change
- Are NDE stories and experiences real?
- What percentage of charming people are psychopaths
- What health insurance does maternity cover?
- How was anesthesia discovered
- What is your definition of true religion
- Is it okay not to be religious?
- May penguins like to interact with people
- Is there a song called Sorry
- How do I make healthy scrambled eggs
- Is it legal to hit someone?
- Can civil society exist in authoritarian countries?
- Why are you supporting the Daesh
- What's your experience with motorcycling
- Are carrots a gluten-free food
- What are Asian sounding American baby names
- What's your problem with india
- Is it moral to be religious?
- How many times has Scotland invaded England?