What are some cruises that don't suck
Resting - anything else is superfluous as first aid for snake bites
The most important thing is to make it clear to travelers what not to do after a snake bite, said Frankfurt toxicologist Professor Dietrich Mebs. Cutting into and sucking out the bite is pointless.
You can hardly remove any poison by sucking, and the often deep incision creates a source of bleeding, which can often lead to serious complications in the case of poisons that decompose the affected tissue. Mebs pointed this out at an event organized by the Center for Travel Medicine and the Foreign Office in Berlin.
Tying off the affected extremity is not only extremely painful. You also provoke that the poison spreads quickly in the body when the tied area is opened again. It is just as dangerous to cool or warm the affected area.
Taking a snake antiserum with you is also pointless. Any self-application is dangerous because it could lead to anaphylaxis, said Mebs. Most preparations also need to be refrigerated at four degrees Celsius. Identifying the snake may be important for a doctor's treatment with antiserum. But this should only be done if there is no danger. So no attempt should be made to catch the snake.
The most important prevention is careful behavior and good shoes. Every second bite of a venomous snake is also a dry bite, which means that the snake has not injected any poison. However, this cannot be seen. "One can only wait. If after half an hour no edema has formed, it was a dry bite." But the most important thing is to go to the nearest doctor or clinic immediately.
- What have you overcome
- How did Shah Jahan die
- How dangerous monosodium glutamate MSG is
- What causes death during childbirth
- Is an MBA one thing in Germany?
- What does the future of quoras look like?
- Will Jews ever convert to Islam
- How dangerous is ISIS
- How did Shah Jahan die
- What distinguishes Cantonese cuisine
- What are the properties of great theoretical physicists?
- How did Harry die
- What surprised you about the prison meal?
- How to say Navidad in English
- How long should a baby shower last
- How is OPC
- What is the best brand for male underwear
- Why do countries go to war
- How do I deal with distractions from children
- France benefits from Brexit
- Where can I buy leather handbags online
- Which countries in the Caribbean speak English
- What is the purpose of wealth
- How long do Arlo batteries last