Centuries-old eggs are harmful to health
How do you make centuries-old eggs?
I can't really comment on where you went wrong, but I just opened (about an hour ago) a couple of my first attempted stacks (starting 7/1, washed and wrapped in plastic wrap 11/07, first opened 7/29. ) with the following results; 1. Whites were gelled but not as dark as expected. 2. Part of the yolk had turned a dark color. 3. The remaining yolks began to solidify. Still buying pale / yellowish. 4. No terrible smell as such. So it seems that my results are kind of an intermediate route to what I expect from a "pidan". I will open others every few days to see how a longer ripening time affects the end result.
I made the brine solution simply by slowly adding the lye / salt to boiling (removed from the stove) water and stirring. I didn't cook the mixture any further as the lye is supposed to heat the solution if it is added anyway.
Just keep trying, I suppose.
Edit: 08/19/17 A longer ripening period did not seem to affect the appearance of the "Pidan", as the gelled white is still an extremely pale amber. While the resulting egg wasn't what I expect from a commercial pidan, it was perfectly edible.
I am inclined to suspect / conclude that it is the addition of wood ash in the traditional recipes (tea leaves in some of the other articles I've read) that adds extra color to the final product, resulting in the traditional dark / black color, that we've gotten to expect from a commercial pidan.
You shouldn't wash the egg after removing it from the brine. We need the lye + salt to stay on the eggshell and solidify it.
- Why do Filipinos no longer speak Spanish?
- How do daffodils treat their aging parents
- Is Starbucks stock a good buy
- How do I start a logistics business
- Will the US pass a STEM-based immigration law?
- Why is skateboarding so popular
- How do you deal with superficial employees
- Sugar makes you thirsty
- Has Singapore ever had political prisoners
- Which is better Elgg BuddyPress or Tiki
- Mithran is a Tamil or Sanskrit name
- What is a professional goal
- Healthier is Maggie or Cup of Noodles
- How do I fix a bug?
- Can be attacked easily in South America
- What is ERP
- What is the procedure for studying abroad
- Hadoop admin job is difficult
- What kind of neighbors do you have
- When did you realize that Islam is a fake?
- What things cannot be done in India
- Why don't black people practice yoga anymore
- What is the upper caste
- How is the Charleston danced
- When will I have another baby?
- How can I learn about etymology
- Is it legal to use your foot in volleyball?
- You should avoid people who always fail
- What is Noam Kaiser's political party
- How people think of sarcastic people
- How was your wedding day
- What made you dislike amusement parks?
- Who is Shanaya Kapoor