Who builds data centers
Microsoft is building cloud data center for one billion euros in Austria
In future, Austria will be one of a total of 64 data center regions, announced Microsoft Austria boss Dorothee Ritz. Cloud computing is expected to create 29,000 new jobs, both directly and indirectly.
The US technology group Microsoft plans to invest around one billion euros in its first cloud data center in Austria over the next two to four years. Austria will be one of 64 such data center regions in the future, announced Microsoft Austria boss Dorothee Ritz on Tuesday in a press conference with Federal Chancellor Sebastian Kurz (ÖVP) and Economics Minister Margarete Schramböck (ÖVP).
The market researcher IDC has the macroeconomic benefit of such a data center for the next four years with more than 2 billion. Euro charged, said Ritz. "This is much-needed economic growth and will create an additional 29,000 jobs over the next four years." - not only with Microsoft itself, but also with customers and local partner companies.
There will be several data centers that secure each other, Ritz explained, but the exact locations could not be revealed for security reasons.
Security must be guaranteed at every level of the cloud. In order to live up to this principle, Microsoft offers more than 90 certifications and invests one billion euros annually to ensure cybersecurity. Furthermore, Microsoft's Austrian data center region supports companies in complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and also helps customers with the storage of data in Austria. In addition to Austrian Airlines, these include Raiffeisen Bank, Porsche Holding and RHI Magnesita.
By 2025, the data centers are to be supplied with 100 percent renewable energy, the company assured during the press conference.
Microsoft does not receive a special tax incentive for the investment, said Schramböck. Microsoft would have the general subsidies available, such as the investment premium of 14 percent for digital investments.
"Our declared goal is to be one of the best countries in Europe in the field of digitization," said Kurz, "because we know that our economy and our industry can only remain competitive if we are particularly well positioned in this area."
(APA / bagre)
- What are tank crews armed with?
- Can measles damage the immune system of children?
- Male is a product
- What is the role of a CEO
- Canada has freedom of speech
- Am I wrong for pissing my boyfriend off
- Can snakes hear music
- How did colonization begin
- What is the Average American Retirement Age
- How do you buy clothes
- How cute are you 2
- Our self-esteem is an illusion
- What are agricultural implements
- How does the payment processing work
- Are there currently autonomous ships
- What causes female abdominal pain
- How can I sell my sex tape
- Cheats on your partner well or not
- Which is the best vape pen
- Why was Tesla successful where GM failed
- Zuko and Azula find their mother
- Why did you feel grown up today?
- Jaywalking is a criminal offense
- What is a storage package
- Which hosting company is offshore and anonymous
- Which Halo game should I play first?
- Is Prussian culture dead
- How do I create a crypto wallet
- What are you buying online
- What is the original word of the pronunciation
- How does the British monarchy make money
- What is GMAT for?
- Who is an activist
- What does it mean to be ignorant