All women have castration fantasies
Warrior Marks - against castration of women
And in doing so, Walker and Parmar achieved something monstrous: They showed the terrible without repeating it. In her film, the victims are not humiliated again, they keep their dignity. Even more: despite the truth about the horror, the film is at the same time overcoming this horror. The film shows the destruction of women but it also shows their beauty, sensuality and strength. It proves that circumcision has nothing to do with culture, it is torture. Walker: "Slavery was also a tradition. And that tradition has also been fought."
Walker made the 60-minute film with half the fee for her novel "They Guard the Secret of Happiness" (which also deals with "clitoral circumcision"). The progressive English TV broadcaster Cannel 4 gave the missing money. "Warrior Marks" (a word that means war injury and war paint at the same time) will be shown for the first time in Germany on June 30th in Hamburg at the "Lesbian-Gay Film Days" He should come to Munich in October. An offer from a German TV broadcaster is still pending.
In the countries of Europe, in which the immigrant colonies are also circumcised in this country (as in France or England), and in the USA, the film has long since caused a sensation. He gave new impetus to the resistance to the castration of women. - At the same time he called on the advocates of the "cultural tradition of clitoral circumcision", whose arguments are that this is an interference in other cultures and that it is women who do this to girls ...
It was no coincidence that the protest began in the mid-1970s with the New Women's Movement in European countries where circumcised women live. Since then, black and white women have been fighting bloody torture, the victims of which in Africa and the Middle East number between 80 and 100 million women. And millions more are mutilated every year.
A knife or a razor blade in a woman's hand first cuts off the clitoris (the woman's physical pleasure center), then the small labia and oll also parts of the large labia. Sometimes the wound is sewn up until there is only a very small hole left for urine. Everything happens without anesthesia. The victims are between a month and 10 years old, sometimes even grown up.
The physical consequences of this castration are lifelong: festering wounds and infernal pain during coitus and childbirth, as well as a permanent risk of infection for AIDS. Before the wedding night, the mothers-in-law check whether the bride is locked (overgrown or sewn). On the wedding night, the husband opens his wife with a knife. The morning after, he praised the "hardness and impenetrability" of his wife.
It is with shame that the man can send back to the in-laws that are not "sufficiently" mutilated and closed women. Mutilated women have no chance of finding a husband. Mothers who protect their daughters are cast out.
The emotional consequences of mutilation are also lifelong: frigidity, depression, self-hatred. Often strong personality changes occur after circumcision, and once cocky little girls become quiet and docile.
80 to 100 million women are affected by this torture, which is practiced in East, West and Central Africa. And in the middle of Europe. Within a single generation, the cruel tradition could end if the sexual mutilation of women were finally outlawed and men were willing to marry unmutilated women too.
Amnesty International London has long condemned sexual mutilation (as circumcision is belittled) as torture. The German section of ai has not yet been able to come up with a statement ... At the World Conference on Women in Beijing in 1995, the activists hope that "clitoral circumcision" will be definitively condemned as "torture" and "violation of human rights of women" be adopted.
In her film, which is so touching and, despite all the horror, so stirring, Alice Walker once asks an African whether she would have had her daughter circumcised if she had had the power to prevent it. The woman is silent for a moment, confused, and then answers very clearly: No. If I had the power to do it, I would have protected my daughter!
- What are some of the best wedding ring designs
- How did Jews survive the Holocaust?
- How can you simplify the first change
- Who was the last emperor in China
- Why is graphite not the best conductor
- Eastern Europeans are white
- What are the 10 best Shopify plugins
- How do migrants get to Calais
- Why are homosexuals discriminated against?
- Would you accept a cheap wedding ring
- Will Britain and China ever be allies?
- How do Mongols see Koreans
- How could I model legally in China
- Are Hungarians and Romanians genetically Slavic
- Why is Canada having problems with infertility
- Should the Philippines be a communist country
- What do the Vietnamese think of the Turks
- All good deeds are inherently selfish
- What is PM Modis Email ID
- Is someone really interested in celebrities?
- Why are American judges so openly partisan
- Is there a good order management system
- Why is craft beer better than lager
- Why is an abacus important for children
- Which musician is the biggest fool
- Canadian boys meet Indian girls
- A platypus is considered a bird
- Is working in the fashion industry stressful
- Believe that freedom is free
- Why WhatsApp is suddenly becoming so popular
- Which Arab country allows women freedom?
- What is the most popular Italian word
- Why is Indian democracy so corrupt
- How much of Scotland voted remains to be seen