Obama hates President Trump
After the Orlando attack: Obama opposes Trump
US President Barack Obama joined the debate on how to deal with Muslims in his country with unusually sharp words and visibly upset. "Where is this supposed to end?" Asked Obama in a speech at the Treasury Department. He was referring to Trump's renewed demand to impose a temporary entry ban on Muslims, calling it "frivolous talk". The Orlando killer was a US citizen. "Are we going to treat all Muslim Americans differently? Are we going to start keeping them under special observation? Are we going to start discriminating against them because of their beliefs?"
"Not our democratic values"
Obama also asked the Republican party leadership whether they actually agreed to the demands of the right-wing populist real estate magnate. He criticized that such positions "do not reflect our democratic ideals". They would also make the country less secure by feeding the propaganda of the jihadist militia "Islamic State" (IS) that "the West hates Muslims".
The Orlando gunman had invoked ISIS. He shot around in a night club on Sunday night. 49 people died in his attack and more than 50 were injured. He himself was killed by the police. The assassin was born in New York, his parents were from Afghanistan.
No chance for stricter gun laws
In the face of the attack, a debate arose in Congress about tightening gun laws. Democratic MPs vehemently called for stricter guidelines for the acquisition and carrying of firearms. "We have enough of minutes of silence," said the Democratic leader in the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi. The Republicans in Congress, however, are against tightening with their parliamentary majority.
fab / cw (dpa, afp)
- Who lives in the Sonoran Desert
- Are there crimes worse than murder?
- Why Most Muslims Hate RSS
- Why was Quora hacked 1
- Where can we find geometric jewelry collection
- What are some examples of ineffective advertising
- How do banks recognize money laundering
- Can we test the IQ of animals?
- Are engineering students obsessed with Quora
- Who is the modern slave
- How does a man dress to impress?
- What does inflated ego mean
- Which jobs pay over 150,000
- Why is Brexit still being postponed
- What are Shopify Payments
- How stressful is studying at Cambridge
- How was your interview for RBI Assistant
- Which nation smiles the most
- Why do international students flock to Canada
- Which water tastes good to drink?
- Why are architects not valued
- How are floodplains created
- What is DA in the salary
- What bra size do women wear
- Should society suppress the freedom to maintain order
- Retaining cables can be attached at home
- Has anyone developed a systematic trading strategy?
- People find well behaved people boring
- Has sweat stains silver jewelry
- What are your favorite bikini photos
- How do I identify an attention seeker
- Why are most of the great singers gay?
- Medical bills compliance is a good career