Psychiatrists actually cure mental disorders
Psychiatry in the past
Abu Ali al-Husayn ibn Abdullah ibn Sina, who was born near Bukhara in what is now Uzbekistan, is known to us under the name Avicenna. He was one of the most famous personalities of his time and was not only known far beyond the country's borders as a physicist, philosopher, mathematician, astronomer and lawyer, but above all as a doctor. He began to study medicine at the age of 17 and published almost 450 writings in the course of his life, almost all of which were translated into Latin and from the 13th century on were compulsory reading in medical faculties in Europe.
The best-known work by Avicenna is "Qanun al-Tibb - The Canon of Medicine", which was regarded as one of the masterpieces of medicine well into the 17th century and as the basic work of scientific medicine for over 600 years. In five books, which combine the knowledge of Greek, Roman and Persian health studies at the time, Avicenna deals with the theory of medicine, explains how medicines work and how they are produced, and explains findings and therapies in as much detail as general diseases and the possibilities of surgery. Avicenna recognized, among other things, that there is a close relationship between a person's physical condition and emotional state. In particular, he dealt with a variety of mental disorders such as depression, schizophrenia, dementia and hallucinations.
- Why are the students stressed
- Is telemedicine insured
- What is Mark Zuckerberg's IQ 1
- Can the US liberate China?
- How do I say petit in English
- How long does the keto flu last
- Can the entropy be reversed 1
- How is death
- How can I do SEO 2020
- How much does gmail cost
- What is the worst indian culture
- Should I buy contact lenses online?
- What makes rationality rational
- What are cement factories
- What is sensitive for a Japanese person
- What is effective digital marketing
- What nations are India's allies and enemies
- How is the workload in CUHK
- How many words are in each word
- What religion are Roma gypsies
- Why does my size fluctuate so much
- What has lithium batteries
- How is codependent behavior
- What ten things make a soldier unhappy?