What's the point of fake news
Average rating: 3.93 of 5 with 354 votes.
Every day, millions of new videos, articles and posts appear on the Internet worldwide. But how do you know: is what you can see and read really true? Or is everything just fake? Instructions in three steps.
The internet was once celebrated as the most democratic medium. Everyone can post, comment and share things on an equal footing. But more and more news on the Internet - articles, pictures or videos - are falsified and manipulated. Nevertheless, they are often received completely uncritically and distributed millions of times. On the one hand, because the technical advances in image processing make it almost impossible to detect changes at all. On the other hand, because many users lack the criteria to differentiate between reputable and dubious sources and to assess the credibility of a message.
Questioning messages in three steps
But that's dangerous. Fakes, i.e. falsified information, should not only drive media attention in the form of clicks and likes. They are also an instrument used by cyber criminals and political agitators. Any Internet user could question the message with the help of three relatively simple steps:
- Source criticism
- Fact check
- Image research
So who is behind it, what is being said and is the picture correct? For more maturity on the Internet and the return of a critical awareness!
Info for teachers
Vintages: 5 to 10
Subject: German, ethics, social studies
- Getting to know technical terms such as "hoax" or "phishing"
- Getting to know simple methods of fake detection
Evaluate and evaluate media
- Recognize and expose fakes
- Get to know research methods, image research
- How do I start creating animated videos
- What is a cast gold ring
- People think before they talk
- Where can I find bohemian earrings online
- Which countries offer full scholarships for the doctorate?
- How do I get visible abs
- May Sikhs Narendra Modi
- How was your wedding day
- Which company pays monthly dividends
- Hong Kong has a lock law
- Where is Fantarai
- Who was the last emperor in China
- How do we age every day
- Can a materialistic boy love a girl?
- Why did the US join the Allies?
- Can you be too confident
- Does traditional Chinese medicine work
- Is Pakistan sincere on Kashmir?
- How is it that school is so boring
- Why do people say suicide is selfish?
- How many packages are sent per day
- Why are Caucasians taller than Asians in general?
- Can someone die during Sade Sati
- Women in Dubai wear a saree