Can we have fruit after dinner
A balanced diet contributes to a healthy lifestyle. Fruit and vegetables in particular should be on our menu every day, as they are bursting with vitamins and minerals. But be careful - you should ideally avoid fruit, especially in the evening. Fruits such as apples, bananas or grapes contain a lot of fruit sugar, also called fructose, which can cause discomfort to our body in the evening.
Eating fruit late will keep you awake
The fructose in fruit is one of the simple sugars that provide quick energy. But especially in the evening or just before bed, too much energy keeps us awake and doesn't let us sleep. Therefore, it is better to eat sugary fruit in the morning. In yoghurt or porridge it gives you a lot of energy and keeps you full for a long time! If you want fruit in the evening, you should use low-sugar varieties such as blueberries, raspberries, papaya or grapefruit. A handful is a good guide as a portion size.
Fruit causes indigestion in the evening
The late consumption of fruit also has an impact on our digestion, which has to start up again in the evening. Often the fruit can no longer be digested properly late at night, so that it remains in the colon. There it can ferment and cause a bloated stomach.
If you have a sensitive stomach and are prone to heartburn, you should definitely not eat sugar-rich and acidic fruit in the evening, as this promotes the belching of stomach acid. If you have eaten fruit in the evening, you should not lie down directly, as this promotes heartburn. A short walk, on the other hand, stimulates digestion and provides relief.
Also interesting: The best home remedies for digestive problems >>
Fruit in the evening can make you fat
In the long term, excessive consumption of sugary fruits can lead to weight gain. Since our bodies can no longer convert the entire amount of fructose into energy in the evening, the excess carbohydrates are processed into fat in the liver. This fat gets back into the bloodstream and is stored in our cells.
Video: Calorie table fruit - so many calories are in apples, strawberries & Co.
- Can Manchester United finish Liverpool's winning run
- How can I wear this
- What do homosexuals like in men?
- IELTS is required for the USA
- Which tea brands come from Turkey
- Who was simon in the bible
- What are the fashion trends in spring 2019
- Why am I attracted to transgender women
- Is it possible to manipulate dreams?
- What is your most owed pleasure
- Why don't you like Biryani
- Why am I afraid of dating
- What's wrong with my php code
- How to deal with an online stalker
- What is it like to live in Boca Raton
- Could slave owners intentionally kill their slaves
- What is the allure of Enders Game
- Hairy people are more disgusting
- How do I start a warehouse business
- Sharks produce milk
- Which nations are most like Turkey
- Why are leftists anti-Hindu
- What is the Taylor theorem used for?
- Can someone travel with a damaged passport?